HELPFUL STORAGE TIPS
- INSPECT YOUR STORAGE SPACE: The space should be clean with a door in good working order.
- DETERMINE THE PACKING ACCESSORIES YOU NEED
Paper, bubble-pack, tape, rope, drop cloths, polyurethane sheeting, furniture covers, pallets, skids, dehumidiflers, file boxes, and storage cartons. Some or all of these items may be for sale in the rental office.
- FILL CONTAINERS TO CAPACITY
Partially full or bulging cartons may tip or collapse. Protect your fragile foods with packing and place them near the top of your storage space.
- LABEL BOXES: Keep a list of labeled boxes at your office for easy reference when you need to locate your goods.
- PACK THE STORAGE SPACE CAREFULLY
Leave air space around the perimeter to aid ventilation. Place a pallet on concrete floors and do not lean items against walls. Leave a walkway to the rear of your space for easy access. Use all the space available, including the height and place frequently used goods near the door.
STORAGE SPACE RENTAL AGREEMENT
For your protection, a storage facility provides a written agreement. Read it thoroughly and ask the storage consultant to answer your questions. Make note of your payment date to see if the agreement covers prorated rental periods. Also find out how and when your security deposit is refunded or forfeited upon termination of the agreement. If you change your address or phone number, be sure to notify the storage facility in writing.
- All equipment should be thoroughly cleaned and dry before it is stored. Any equipment with sealing doors, such as a refrigerator, should be stored with its door slightly ajar.
- METAL EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND OTHER METAL ITEMS:
All equipment needs to be clean. To retard rust, wipe all metal surfaces with a rag containing a few drops of machine oil.
- FILES, RECORDS AND OTHER DOCUMENTS:
Pack books flat to protect their spines. Do not place boxes directly on concrete floors, but use pallets or skids to prevent moisture absorption. Use packing to fill out empty pockets in the boxes. Do not pack fragile items in the same box with books and do not overload.
- FABRIC ITEMS:
All items need to be clean and free from anything that may attract pests. Some facilities sell boxes which will help protect your items.
STORAGE SUPPLIES AVAILABLE
Packing Paper (140 sheets/box, 10 lbs)
Small Boxes (1.5 cubic feet) 13" x 16" x 13" deep
Medium Boxes (3.0 cubic feet) 18"x l8"x l6" deep
Large Boxes (4.5 cubic feet) 18" x 18" x 24" deep
Extra Large Boxes (6.1 cubic feet) 20" x 23 "x 23" deep
Clear Packing Tape (2"x 55 yards)
Sofa Covers (42" x 134")
Dust Covers (10' x 20')
King Mattress Bags
Full Mattress Bags